"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that takes your breath away."

Monday, November 8, 2010

Here I Am


A Beautiful Mess by Jason Mraz will make any girl feel beautiful. :)
Just taking a few minutes to appreciate the things in my life and write down my thoughts…
First, I am so thankful to have what I have in my life and I realized today that not everyone is as lucky as I’ve been and am. I can’t thank God enough for the people, things, and opportunities he’s blessed me with. 
I love my parents even though they treat me like I am 5, literally. I get annoyed that they so badly want the best for me that they don’t see at the time they are pushing me away, but at the end of the day… They’re my parents and I run to them for every single thing possible. I just wish they get that I make smart choices and there’s no way I can mess up my life now… At times I wish they have a little more confidence in me and know that I will always try my hardest not to let them down. I know what’s right and what’s wrong, let me figure it out. I’ll never learn if I didn’t make mistakes… I’m wise because I’ve made many mistakes throughout my life. There’s a big difference between making mistakes and learning from mistakes… I’ve learned and I take that to heart. 
I only have a handful of what I call my true friends and they never cease to amaze me with the words they tell me to make me feel loved and cared for. I am so grateful that I can count on them to be there when I need them. I realized that as you get older you don’t have time to make friends or get to know someone very well like you would be able to in high school. I cherish the ones I have and these are the ones I can truly call my life long friends. 
I also learned that loving someone is always worth the wait. It’s the whole world spinning out of control, but knowing that you have that other person there makes it all worth the while. I learned to never think into it too much and just going with it because the more you think into it, the less sense it makes. Don’t dig for stuff, embrace what is in front of you. Be secure in yourself to know that what you’re showing this other person is real and be happy that they accept you for it all. I learn not to doubt and give up easily. If it’s worth it, fight for it until you can’t anymore. It’s amazing the things people would do for love and the one thing I admire most about people when they’re in love is letting their guard down and just simply trust… Slowly, but surely I’ll get there someday because from now on I am practicing what I’ve been preaching all along.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment