"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that takes your breath away."

Monday, November 8, 2010

A New Light


So maybe I am not the wisest of them all, but I am wise for my age, when I say I’ve been there and done that for my age, oh it’s true. I’ve been through the whole trying to fit in phase and I’ve been through the stage where I did a lot against what I truly believe in. I’ve gone through friendships and relationships that was so bad for me, but none of that matters now because of where I am today.
Note to self: It’s okay to be in your own skin, don’t let others talk you into doing things you don’t want to do. If a relationship is unhealthy for you and deep down you can feel it, then leave. Don’t stay around because you feel sorry for them or you feel that they would be deeply hurt if you left. You, yourself, are hurting… In this case, it’s okay to be selfish. Real friends do not push you to do anything against what you believe in. Fitting in only lasts for that moment in time, but the choices you make follow you throughout your life. And it’s scary to know that by that one choice, your life will either be right side up or upside down. You will end up paying for the mistakes you made, but learning from it and understanding why it is a mistake will make the consequences seem small. Life is just too short to pretend to be someone you’re not, in fact, it does not make you happy following along someone else’s trail, create your own! Be who you really are and notice the true friends and lovers that stick around. & Be happy that you are who you are, don’t try to change for anybody, change for the better of yourself. Don’t mistake changing for and changing with someone; changing for someone means you are rearranging your life and yourself around to accommodate someone else’s needs and wants, changing with someone is growing with that person and learning about each other. If that person truly loves you, they wouldn’t want you to change beyond who you are anyway. There’s always room for improvement, but there’s also a limit. Don’t push yourself too hard, don’t think that you can always do better… You’ve done all that you needed to do, stop trying to push yourself over your own limit. Realize the beauty around you, realize that it is worth it to wake up every morning, and it’s worth all the bad luck in the world. But more importantly realize that you’re worth it, you are worth everything and anything in this world<3

No comments:

Post a Comment